Athens time

Saturday 31 October 2009

Back in the room !

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for all your good wishes when I was not online having my migraine. It is really good to see so many friends wishing me better, it did me good!

I am happy this one is over and done with for now. They are terribly debilitating and when you have one, basically everything stops... (even the normal household tasks... kids having take outs to survive! lol!).

Some of you have written and expressed their concern. It is strange with migraines, not a lot can be done about them. Sometimes, when there is a clear physical medical cause, something can be done. Often, as fellow sufferers know, there is nothing but hope they don't come too often and don't last too long!

I personally have tried both traditional and complementary medicine but drawing a blank on all... Somehow it seems stress is involved so I am keeping my fingers crossed in the coming busy months with lots of birthdays, christmas and end of term at school coming up...

Having said that I am taking a deep breath and chill.... (or at least trying to....)... Having trouble with the quilt I am trying to get done for my mum's birthday too... Lynz was very sweet suggesting I share it with you all.. a problem shared is a problem halved (or solved?) after all and after I have done today's shopping I might take her advice and do a post on the latest quilt trials and tribulations ! Thanks Lynz!

Thanks for all your support guys.. I will see you soon for more.

6 comments:

Susan said...

Oh, I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better! My SIL gets terrible migraines and has a bunch of pets and lives alone and I don't know how she copes, they are that bad.

So stay stress-free! Tell us about your quilt problems, maybe someone will have the perfect solution. Go for a sail! Fresh air has to be good for your head.

Take care, lady!

imquilternity said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. I just can't imagine what a migraine must be like, but I definitely understand pain. I hope someday there will be a "cure" for you!

karen said...

Take care of yourself.

Lara said...

Glad to hear you are back on deck... My friend swears by a glass of wine each evening to keep migraines at bay (lol - she reckons it helps ease the stress!)... It's so hard being unwell when your a busy mum though isn't it?! No sick leave! Take it easy and definitely share your quilting problem! :)

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

I'm so sorry to hear you haven't been well. We were back to very slow computer downloads for a few days so i haven't been around the blogs for a bit, I hope you are feeling better now. I think you should share your quilty probs, this is a great place to get help!! xo

Lauranie said...

Oh sweetie...I hope those migraines STAY AWAY!!! I know that it is SO HARD to stay stress-free when you feel like you never have enough time. Just keep in mind that sewing, quilting, hand-stitching...in my mind are supposed to be enjoyable and stress-relieving!! :D But when you are on a deadline, or things just aren't going your way.....OH MY!! So try to stay cheery and positive, and know that what you are working on is something BEAUTIFUL..and because YOU made it, something that will be cherished....small mistakes and all!! xo