You know how you get so terribly behind when you are out of the running for a couple of months or so?? Now that is what happened to me.....
I haven't been keeping up with the blog reading when I was ill, and so I never saw (and never commented) when I was awarded the beautiful blogger award by Lauranie ! (from the lovely blog 'This is sew my life'). Thank you so much Lauranie, it was so lovely of you to think of me and it sure was a surprise still when I discovered it even though I did so really late!!!
Then.. to my surprise I was awarded the same beautiful blogger award by Terri from 'Quilternity's Place' !! Thank you Terri!! I am thrilled she also thought I deserved the award! You know how you write posts and blog along but don't really know how it is all received? It is so wonderful to know that your blog is actually appreciated and the things you write about are of interest to others!
Thank you so much Terri and Lauranie, I am truly honoured to accept the award and will try to fullfill the conditions (which are underneath..)
I got them on here by cutting and pasting from Terri's blog but have been trying and trying to get the button in the sidebar (as I did with the DQS8 button and failed!) It is strange as I tried to do the same as I did for the other buttons but it is not working! Any advice would be very welcome!!
Here is the lovely button and here are the rules...
To accept this award, here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award. Thank you, Lauranie and Terri!
2. Paste the award on your blog (see above)
3. Link to the person who nominated you.
4. Tell 7 interesting things about yourself (see below)
5. Nominate 7 or 8 blogs (see below)
6. Post links to those 7 blogs (see below)
Ok.. I have done 1,2,and 3. Now on to 4.
Mmmmm.... 7 interesting things about myself.... that is a hard one... I will try and find some facts not many of you know...(not sure whether they are interesting!)
1) I was born in Holland although I have lived all my adult life in Britain
2) English is my first language (even though Dutch my mother tongue) and I think and dream in English!
3) My favourite colour is turquoise
4) I started quilting in 2009, although I had a false start in 2004 when I had to stop after 3 months ...
5) I am normally quilting from patterns and I don't trust my creativity enough to 'just go and see what happens'... so I was quite scared doing DQS8, but I am happy I was forced to take the plunge!
6) I have always wanted to learn to play the piano, but every time I start, something else takes my time and I still haven't done it... it's on my list!!
7) I love photographing things but never got further than 'automatic setting' and 'click that button'... frustrating at times when I 'see' in my minds eye what I want the photo to look like but when due to not putting the right settings in (maybe I will learn that too one day) it doesn't come out quite like I imagined...
Rest me to nominate 7 (ish...) blogs (so many lovely blogs... hard to choose!!) and link to them. Here are some wonderful blogs I follow (in alphabetical order of blog) and certainly deserve to be put in the spotlight !! :
1) Jo @ Bearpaw blog http://bearpawandbearpaw.blogspot.com/
2) Greta @ Because I sew so http://becauseisewso.blogspot.com/
3) Cathy @ Cabbage Quilts http://cabbagequilts.blogspot.com/
4) Tia @ Campfollower blog http://campfollowerbags.blogspot.com/
5) Dolores @ Deeroo designs http://deeroodesigns.blogspot.com/
6) Susan @ Flossieblossoms http://flossieblossoms.blogspot.com/
7) Leslie @ Girl from tulsa http://girlfromtulsa.blogspot.com/
8) Karen @ Karenscosmos http://karensc0sm0s.blogspot.com/
9) Lisa @ Life at the blackbear cabin http://blackbearcabin.blogspot.com/
10) Bia @ Maria Retalho http://mariaretalho.blogspot.com/
11) Dana @ Old Red Barn Co http://oldredbarnco.blogspot.com/
12) Catherine @ The Sewing Attic http://thesewingattic.blogspot.com/
13) Evelyn @ Use the Loot http://usetheloot.blogspot.com/
Last but not least a message to my nominees...
I love all your blogs and wanted to give you this award because I so love reading them. Please feel free to put the button on your blog (if you can manage) but don't feel obliged to answer questions or nominate others if you don't want to.
I have given you the award because I think you blogs are great and I think you deserve them.. not to ask you to do things you might not want to do. I realize not everyone likes awards.. If you don't just ignore it!
What Lifting Has Taught Me
1 month ago