Athens time

Friday 8 June 2012

As said... when in London....

The first thing to do is - of course - pop in to my 'home from home' favourite museum in the world: The V&A!



No matter how often I go there, I still find more to see, more to get inspired by and realize how immensely BIG it is! Do go and have a look when in London, it is SO worth it!!


Now I knew there was some sort of a surprise brewing... All my friends had been hinting but not saying and it drove me mad!! Now and a surprise it was!! My blog friend Dolores had come all the way from West Virginia and I didn't even know about it!! Apparently my face was a picture! It sure was a big surprise but being the only one not in the know was a hard position to be in ! Don't do that again Dee or I might have to ... well... use your imagination but it won't be pretty, lol :-) Here she is with Mandy (and I DID know Mand was coming, all the way from Australia.. amazing!)



A trip to Tikki was on the program and taken seriously.. Linda seems determined to find that elusive scrap of fabric whilst Elizabeth is holding her head in despair... which colour does match with this?



And would you believe it, Trash pulled on the way back in the Tube. A very nice charming young man! Shame he didn't leave his number, told you Trash, you should've asked... Ah, you're shy, yeah, can happen ... :-)



For a lot of us, our online flight to unknown heights started with the Old Red Barn Company where we all met doing a sewalong with the incomparable Dana. To our delight a lot of the Old Red Barners were also in London and we of course had to have a photo with all of us! Hey John, appreciate the enthousiasm (as this was the umpteenth camera being passed round to take a shot), think I got the best one, whaddaya think !!



Two more of my BBFF's *best bloggie friends forever* attended. Leila (left - Where the Orchids Grow) and Jo (right - Bearpaw of Edinburgh). I was so pleased to see Jo again after meeting her last year and very happy to finally meet Leila face to face after writing to and fro from Holland.



The classes were all fantastic but due to me actually concentrating on getting things done properly and finished, I seem to have hardly any photos of either the classes or what I have made! Here is Lynne explaining the ins and outs of how the geese fly.



And very soon it was already time to go home and Trash and Mandy all packed and about to brave the tube. More random pics next time. It was great to meet all friends old and new and like everyone, I had a wonderful time!



A big thank you to the FQ team who were everywhere for everyone and to all of you to make the experience what it was!

18 comments:

trash said...

I so totally pulled! And despite him looking a bit like The Prime Minister, David Cameron, he really was quite cute. I shall show this to CK tonight so he knows to be on his toes.

It was fabuous to meet 'old friends' I have never met, even online, before. Am looking forward to next year.

I got the offer of a room upgrade next time I book. How about you??

trash said...

You are on linky list, you are! You are!

Rafael's Mum said...

I know Trash... thank you, I got at the right linky list eventually. You are a no reply blogger did you know? So I FMed you.

Lynne (Lily's Quilts) said...

Great post Marg! X

Unknown said...

Fun all round it would seem. I'm glad you all had a great time

{Leila}Where the Orchids Grow said...

Great post Marg!! I can't believe it's been a week already, if time keeps flying past like this it will be next years retreat before we know it! x

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

This time last week I was sat at the doctors worrying I wouldn't make it - phew!

Amy's Crafty Shenanigans said...

What a weekend - I'm STILL smiling when I think about it! Great to meet you and can't wait to see you again!!!

dolores said...

Heheh....loves me a secret!:) Great to see you Marg...love the photos on the flickr group.

Now I need to unpack all my goodies...I think I already have an idea for the fabrics you gave me!
Thanks pal...great to get a hug!
BTW....we live in Virginia...West Virginia is another state!:)

Floh said...

Dear Marg! It was so great to meet you in person! Hope to see you again - next year?

Elisabeth said...

Hi Marg, so nice to meet you. I can report that I still have some hair left and have sorted out colours..... Looking forward to seeing you again next year!

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

What a great post! (I popped over from LQ's as I loved the photo of your gorgeous dog!!) I love Trash's body language in the 'she's pulled' photo!!

MariQuilts said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful ttime.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Looks like a brilliant weekend. Let's hope there are plans for another retreat next year... :-)

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

I have loved seeing these pics around blogland, what a fabulous time you guys have had. Oh, and I'm envious about the V&A would love to get there sometime too! xo

Catherine said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous time Marguerite! Thanks for posting all the photos!!

Selfsewn said...

Hi I've come over from Lynnes.
I love your BIG beautiful pictures.
Where is this Tikki place, looks great!

MulticoloredPieces said...

Oh, wow! What fun to meet bloggers and/or quilters, and in London, no less! I am sooo envious!

best, nadia