Athens time

Friday 15 June 2012

Lucky Girl - London, the Goodies post


Whilst I posted about classes and people, I have not yet shown you all the lovely goodies I brought back from London.

I was lucky to receive gifts from fabulous swap partners;
A gorgeous bag made by Tacha (Hanies) with a union jack pincushion and one of the new minis that have just come on the market! (not pictured some scrumptious chocolate.. you make guess why not :-). Trash (Trashalou) made a London Bus pin cushion wrapped in cutesie tiny Red Robin box. Karen (Listen to the Birds sing)had sewn us all a lovely FQ pass with lovely postage stamp paper inside and include a lovely card. Last but not least, Leanne, who has recently had such a success with her quilt "Red" gave us all a mini Red. Isn't it lovely? Thank you guys for making such fabulous swap items, I will treasure them forever!



Of course thanks goes also to the great sponsors of FQ London. You can see Aurifil threads there (I always wanted to try those!) a mini pack of 'Walk in the Woods' (whoop whoop!!) Robert Kaufman threw in the London Fabric, so appropriate! and a lovely FQ from Oakshott Fabrics and a £5 off online voucher amongst others. What a goodie bag, fantastic!



As my friend Dee surprised me by turning up unexpectedly (nothing more said about that.. ahum...) I did not have anything for her, but she has brought me another lovely mini quilt and some really fun fabric. What a surprise! Thanks Dee !!



...and... she had more goodies in her bag too. A online fellow Old Red Barn quilter who I had not written with for a while, had (in spite of losing recent contact) thought of me and asked Dee to take a little parcel across the oceans for her. Greta (Gretters) sent me these lovely bright FQ's and a notebook with a Kate Spain design on the cover. Thanks Greta! That was also a surprise and much appreciated!


As my son and his girlfriend gifted me a little spending money (knowing I would like to take home the whole fabric shop!) I also bought some goodies for myself, but that will have to wait to another post! See you all soon!

6 comments:

Susan said...

Some grand goodies indeed! Lots to keep you occupied for a while! Love the mini 'Red'!!

dolores said...

Hahaha! Look at all that loot!:) I had a hole in my FQ bag so after seeing other's goodies I'm thinking I lost a few things!:) Oh well...no worries!:)

Marg definitely gave me something....4 lovely FQs of tea and cakes fabrics from the V&A...you spoil me so Marg!:) xo

Jo said...

Goodness what a lot you got, bumper weekend

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

It certainly was a loot-fest xxx

Liz said...

Lovely loot Marg, what fun it must have been. I'm in Brit mode at the moment as I'm making a double bed size Union Jack quilt for grandson #2 (he'll be 16 in August) so I'm flying the flag so to speak.. ;o)
Lizzie
xxx

Cat said...

LOVE all of your goodies
Not long before I will have a surprise for you xxx it's all coming together nicely
We are home now and it is cold - the fire is on as I type