Athens time

Sunday 30 May 2010

By popular demand...

I thought that by now you all would have enough of seascapes and weather pictures, but I have had so many lovely emails from people saying they are really really enjoying them and could I please continue, that (also by absence of any crafty posts for a while as I am going to be very busy for the next month or so..) I have decided to put some more on for you... Hope you enjoy it.

This morning I woke to a leaden sky.. very quiet out, the weather did not tempt many dogwalkers apart from the diehard regulars. As a leaden sky is not very interesting, I started out with some flowers..



I had wanted to take pictures of the flowers in bloom at the moment for a while and realized the ones above were at their last, so it was now or nothing!

A while further, right on the cliffs edge there was a curious display of what looks like a type of lilly. I don't know whether this is a wild variety, or something brought in.. although one wonders how they would grow right at the cliff edge if that were the case... I don't really see anyone tethering on the edge planting a few bulbs !! (or are lillies seeds? not too up to date with that...)



After about an hour's walk, there was a little break in the clouds...




Half an hour further and is that the sun I see coming out? Hurrah !



But I had rejoiced too early.....and soon this cloud gathered behind Ramsgate Pavillion.....



We made it home just in time and once again it was proven that certainly weatherwise, the early bird catches the worm!

7 comments:

Me and Ma said...

Your photos make me feel as if I am there walking with you Margarite, I really enjoy looking at them. Doesn't the dark sky make the colours jump out, stunning..

myBearpaw said...

Love the last pic with the brooding sky! And are those flowers Irises?
Thanks for all the fab photos - keep it up!

Catherine said...

Once again, lovely photos and the lighting in some give them a moody look. Those flowers are definitely irises as I used to have some in my garden but got rid of them because they take over wherever they are planted.

Molly said...

So beautiful! I feel like I'm with you and Rafael enjoying the scenery. Very peaceful way to start the day.

Rafael's Mum said...

Thanks Jo and Catherine... question is... how do they get at the edge of the cliff???

Tracey Jacobsen said...

*sigh*

Can I come?

Lynne (Lily's Quilts) said...

The light in the final picture is the light I was talking about in my email - that photo of the Pavillion is amazing