Athens time

Thursday 12 July 2012

Guilty...

Would you sometimes like to have a break? Would you like to get away from it all?



I would! and I bet you would too.

However, most of the time, I know I have other things to do and keep going and not having a break.. What's more... the occasional time I get persuaded to go and have that coffee or go away somewhere, I feel guilty doing it, thinking about all the things I actually should be doing, so they are foremost in my mind and I can attack them the moment I am back!

Some break huh !

Then there is the problem of the 'to do list'. Bills to be paid, house to be cleared, endless washing to be done, quilts promised for a deadline, admin to be done... Whatever I do first (and don't get quite done because there is simply too much of it), I feel guilty about what I am NOT doing... If I cleared and cleaned, I worry about not having gotten to the admin. If I make a dent in the admin, I stress about the not yet cleared up mess... If I walk the dog, I feel I am taking too much time away from the other chores.. If I attack the chores, I feel sorry for the dog not having been walked yet....

Sigh...

Bad thing is, all this guilt gets transferred to quilting too! If I buy the 'good' fabric (good quality, recent lines, really want it sort of stuff), I feel I can't quite cut into it till I find that 'perfect' pattern... (yep, still have that fq stack I got right before everybody else when it wasn't in the shops yet... 2 years ago...). On the other hand, I do buy 'bargains' where I get things dirt cheap (and soooo pleased about saving on the RRP) but they are not really the 'nice' fabric and then I feel guilty about not using it... BUT 'it'll come in handy one day' :-)

Sooo many quilts and sooo little time.... Really feel guilty about writing this too... as I should be sorting some bills...

DO tell me I am not the only one?

Maybe I need a real break....

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey - I'm not much better
One thing at a time and you'll get there

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Honestly you are not alone in those thoughts xxx

Elisabeth said...

I recognise myself in your description, Marg. I used to be really bad but after being diagnosed with cancer eight years ago I learned that I couldn't go on like that and am now more relaxed. I still get stressed and I still feel guilty at times but when I feel things are getting on top of me I take the dog and go for a long walk. When I get back I feel calmer and make a list of priorities (not that I keep to it but I feel like I've sorted my life). That always helps me .

Cat said...

You are not alone in your thoughts

machen und tun said...

no, you are not alone at all!! hope you feel better now!! i send all my best wishes to you, just in case you need them :-)
Claudia