Athens time

Monday 28 September 2009

Open Studios Event coming to a blog near you ...

Surfing along as I do, I came across this promising publication on Studios and Storage solutions. (or actually, I allready follow Quilting Arts closely, such lovely work on there.... and they sent me a mail... but close...)

Bingo! I thought, as I have been struggling with the question of how to appropriately house my growing 'stuff' to do with the quilting and sewing... (My lovely fabrics have got to be happy there and I have to have at least some oversight... sigh...).

Quilting Arts are hosting an open Studio event on October 3rd and everyone taking part can hop along and have a look at everyone's little space.

I must admit I first read it wrong and ran upstairs, took the photographs and enthousiastically started writing this post! When I went back and discovered the actual studio photos are only supposed to be up on October 3rd..... Serves me right for being enthousiastic!

So you are not going to see my "Studio" just yet (read studio, think little space in corner of the room, but I am not knocking it! compared to a lot of people, I have a sea of space and I am so, so fortunate to be able to leave my work where it is if I have to go and do something else).

I have been thinking about this a lot lately and.... as it happens, I have just rearrranged my little corner with the sewingtable to put the table not along the wall, but into the room with some set of drawers on the other side, thereby doubling the space.

Also have had some shelves put up on which live some magazines and books and various wicker baskets and lovely gorgeous boxes I can never leave in the shop and that have now found a use!

But you will have to come back on October 3rd to see the pics and of course go to the Studios Event page and/or get the magazine here!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Thanks for the link! I'm going to have to find time for a wee tidy now in my sewing attic.