Athens time

Saturday 16 July 2011

Long time no see.... (again)

Hi you guys,.. I've been taken over by "life" yet again.. It happens but it better not keep happening! I won't fill you in with the why's and wherefores, suffice to say that quilting has not been in the picture!

Still, I have been working on the catch-up with the Fresh and Funky Bee and still doing Vicky's elusive block. She sent me a list with titles, which need to be embroidered, then cut up, and put together with other (lovely!) fabric she sent me to make up the spines of books. Now I am not so good with this creative thing... I am much better with traditional blocks and 'know where you are at' stuff. This is one of the attractions of bee's; you are bound to be dragged out of your comfort zone!

However, just to show you I am indeed working hard at the bee blocks. It's just that this embroidery stuff takes absolutely forever. I thought I was nearly there... missed out one of the titles! (and a long one at that...)




So just to show you I AM really at it and catching up... here is a midflow progress report. Once I have embroidered the missing title, I will cut it all up and stitch it together again with the patterened bits of fabric. Not long now I hope as it has taken me over a month so far..

4 comments:

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Nice to see you! Looking good - my embroidery would look like Doctor's writing!

dolores said...

Yo Lady...I was just thinking about you yesterday and was going to email you and something came up and I forgot...you know...a Senior moment!

I think that idea of a book spine block is so cute! Keep it up and can't wait to see the results!
xo

Allie said...

Lookin good! I hope all is well for you. I love to see what you are up to.

Cat said...

You weren't the only one who was dragged out of their comfort zone on this block but hey by the end of it I was pleased with my result so hope you will be too