Athens time

Monday 19 July 2010

Bloggo-holiday and on a clear day you can see France!

I love my blog and I am truly thankful for the wonderful people I have met through this blog. I am looking forward every day to see what you are all up to and am trying my best to give you a little bit of insight in what is happening in my part of the world.

Lately though, a number of things have been happening in my life, that have been very time consuming and draining energy on me.. Some of which you know about (bloomin' windows, lol!), some of which are private however not less draining...

I am struggling to keep up with the family commitments, sewing commitments and still trying to keep up the blog to its usual standard (i.e. more than the weather forecast!) and write my friends back with more than a oneliner and give them the proper attention they deserve..

So I have decided that with this busy summer coming up, people coming to stay here and dropping the kids off all over the place, something will have to give...

I am closing the blog down for the summer holidays therefore.. and will start back blogging when the schools start in september. I will still be on email and post DQS9 progress on flickr, just not the blog for the time being.

I know many of you will be travelling and away for most of this period yourselves so we might not miss each other as much as you would think! I hope you all understand and be back with me in september as I really appreciate your support and will try and keep up with you all of sorts over the summer.

I will leave you with today's pictures. On a clear day you can see far here (this happens sometimes, not often) and see the ferries leaving and entering Dover Harbour and even France ! (if you know where it is, otherwise you might mistake it for a cloud..)


Ferries entering Dover Port;


That 'bank of clouds' in the distance is France!;


Zoomed in closer you can see better it is actually land...;


To the right of this picture (zoomed even closer) you can see the cliffs rising out of the sea, the colour being paler where the cliff face is exposed.(behind the white ferry that looks like a sailboat- it's a ferry, being so far away you would not see the sailboat.. )


I hope you all have a fantastic summer, I'm looking forward to reconnect with you all end of August!

18 comments:

Marlene said...

I will miss you and your blog but can understand the break. Have a great summer break and see you again in September.

Cat said...

Oh I am really going to miss you - but I do so understand.
I 'shut down' last week and was amazed how much sewing I got done during that time.
Sometimes it can be a tough call between reading the fantastic blogs and commenting and answering comments and the sewing machine.
I for one will be looking forward to seeing your blogs and photos in September.
Happy Summer holidays to you (typed as I sit in front of the fire in my winter woolies)
PS: How did the exams go?
and
PPS: I really don't expect an answer to every comment I leave - it's nice but not expected.
xxx

Lynne (Lily's Quilts) said...

fabulous pictures this morning as ever - I will miss you and your pictures too but that's not supposed to be laying a guilt trip on you - I am not quite sure why we feel the obligation to keep up with something we started as something fun - good for you for taking a break. I hope other stressful things are sorting themselves out or will do. I'll keep in touch with you over on DQS but with summer holidays coming here on Thursday I ought to be on the computer less anyway. I'm madly quilting my mum's Kaffe Fassett quilt hoping to get that done by the weekend (i.e. by the summer holidays) and then I can slow right down on the quilting and blogging front. P.S. I forbid you from replying to this comment, read it and move on, you have better things to do. I mean it! X

Dandelion Wishes said...

Here! Here! Enjoy reading the comments and enjoy the hols too! Love to see those shots of France! Have a great summer! Suz

{Leila}Where the Orchids Grow said...

See you in september!

X Leila

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

I will be thinking of you while you are having a bloggy break. You will be missed xo

Liz said...

See you later Alligator..................enjoy.
Lizzie
xxx

Me and Ma said...

I think that a break is a good idea, will look forward to lovely Autumnal photos when you come back...

Julie said...

Have a wonderful break and come back refreshed. Juliex

Sylvie - Madame Créative said...

Have a good break! See you soon, Marguerite!
And just by curiosity, what is the exact place you call "France" ??? I am going to Normandie this summer and I might be just in front of you LOL !

Molly said...

Enjoy your summer and don't worry .... we'll be here when you get back! I know just how you feel. I am preoccupied with all the summer weather, having my boys home, vacation starting next week, etc. I'm sure that once the boys go back to school and cooler weather and longer nights take over my creative endeavors will start flowing again.

Terrie Sandelin said...

Enjoy your break and I'll look forward to seeing you again in September. Rest up.

dolores said...

Margie baby!! I know where you'll be next month...hopefully lounging about with a good book right girlie?:)

See you at DQS9 and have a great vacation!!
xo

Catherine said...

I will miss you but totally understand that sometimes it gets a bit much and life has to go on. Have a great summer break and I'll be waiting for you when you get back.

KKreates said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures with us, gives me a chance to kind of experience other places. Looking forward to September.

Micki said...

I enjoyed seeing the gorgeous pics! Enjoy your break!
Micki

myBearpaw said...

I will miss your lovely photos but really understand as I am finding it difficult to keep up with blogging (and reading blogs) at the moment too! I feel like I am at a slight advantage to your other readers as I am getting to actually meet you in less than 2 weeks!!!! So that makes up for not reading your blog for a bit (you can tell how behind I am, I haven't even managed to read this post till it's days old!). I hope your life gets less stressful soon xx

Angela said...

Enjoy the rest of your summer! Gorgeous pictures!