Athens time

Sunday 6 June 2010

As predicted...

There was some thunder in the early morning and at dawn just some light rain and haze..



at sea as well as in the park.. bit humid even..



Someone, in yesterdays lovely weather, must have had a paddle and forgotten their shoes..



The tide must have gently picked them up and deposited them back on the steps...



Often the sea is just one colour, ranging from murky brown, to mediterranean light blue, but sometimes, you get a whole palette in one day. Depending on how the tides are flowing, you can get the dark blue of the deeper water, lighter green where it gets mixed with sand, and cloudy white where the chalk deposits from the cliffs get mixed in near the waterline... fascinating!

Congratulations to all getting in to DQS9! I'm in too and it is going to be really exciting again ! (well mind you.. some threads are quite exciting allready, lol !)

4 comments:

Lynne (Lily's Quilts) said...

Number two is today's fave for me - very sort of Victorian ghost story, lady with parasol appears, turns out she was his lover in another time...!

Rafael's Mum said...

You should write a novel Lynne! I can just see it before me... I will now never be the same again walking in the park in the mist.... :-)

Me and Ma said...

Your first picture reminds me of waiting to get on a boat for a holiday in France. Love the misty one and Lynnes comment made me laugh :)

Molly said...

I just love a bleak, foggy morning. This does remind me of some gothic suspense novel! Very beautiful, even in the mist.