Athens time

Sunday 13 June 2010

I miss you guys!!

Hey everyone, I am doing well, if slightly going mad with the too much to do, too little time syndrome!

I have of course been walking the dog and taking my camera.. and I know some of you are missing me too..

So especially for Maria who told me so (thanks Maria, so glad you are looking forward to my pics!), here is an update of the last few days.

Sunday, a lovely sunrise again but very chilly.. I put the heating on! after the sun disappeared, a grey day..



Saturday, bright and sunny though a little chilly at times



Friday; torrential downpour. The rain washed the chalk of the cliffs making 'milky' puddles on the beach...



Not promising to keep this up mind... but hey... it's sunday.. time for a little break! Hope all your weekends are going well.

10 comments:

Cat said...

WOW look at that sky!
Ahhh the white cliffs, I hold close to my heart the memories of sailing out of Dover and across to Calais.
Wahooooo I love your photos xxx
Cat

Me and Ma said...

Thank you for giving me my 'fix' Margarite, really like the milky puddles photo, I did not know that happened ! xx

Rafael's Mum said...

Thanks Cat, and thanks Maria too. The milky puddle thing does not usually happen. Sometimes the water goes milky at the waters edge when the waves lap over the white chalky deposits on the beach but normally rain is just rain. However, that morning the rain was torrential. I could not look out of my eyes as it was lashing down and I was totally soaked through. That amount of heavy rain did lash into the cliffside and cause torrents to run down, taking the chalk with it. So it does not normally happen but for in very very heavy rainfall.

Catherine said...

Lovely photos again! The top one is my favourite. Hope all your study is going well!

Molly said...

Glad to see you in my reader this morning! Your walks are so amazingly beautiful and I love to imagine you and Rafael on your morning adventures. Now ... get back to work!!

(ha ha .... just kidding.....)

Jodi said...

I think these are the nicest pics yets! Thanks for sharing! We can never get too much natural beauty!

Julie said...

The chalk in the puddles is new to me too......that must have been some rain. Lovely photos. Juliex

Unknown said...

Yes, we have been missing you and so appreciate the updates! The pictures are gorgeous as usual! Do you believe you actually had to turn the heat on?

Rafael's Mum said...

No Molly, no kidding! exactly what I did... I can't wait for the 26th when (hopefully) the window men will have left and I can get things in order again. Thanks Jodi and Julie. And yes Jackie, that's what I thought, the heating?? Luckily it was only for a short while and it all warmed up during the morning and the sun came out. But sure was chilly first thing! (and I am a coldy cat...:-)

Terrie Sandelin said...

Such beautiful photographs! (as always). Ummm, white cliffs of Dover? Because, lit teacher here, and Matthew Arnold, and . . . ahhhh.