Athens time

Sunday 13 June 2010

To my DQS9 Partner

Hi Partner! Did you just hear you have drawn me? I don't know whether you are an experienced quilter or a newbie, but have no fear!

Important rule number one:

I am thrilled you are making something especially for me and I am sure to like what you make just BECAUSE you have made it for ME and put a lot of love and effort into it. So don't fret!!

Number two (and so on...). I am sure (if you are like me...) you are trying to figure out my likes and dislikes and make something I would like. Again, surprise me! I might like something totally different I personally would have never thought of! But to make it a little easier, I have made favourites of the doll quilts in previous rounds that caught my eye. The quilt I received in DQS8 is amongst them and I love that one!

I think in the space the mama's gave for likes/dislikes I allready gave you an idea. I like soft pastel romantic and also Kaffe Fassett glorious colour together. That is quite a wide range! I love art quilts, but also like pieced quilts and applique so again, don't worry too much, I would like it if you enjoy making my quilt rather than do something you think I might like and hate doing...

Not too much into the thimbleberries, civil war repro's direction. I did once upon a time but more into modern quilting at the moment. Websites in that direction I enjoy are Oh Fransson, Red Pepper Quilts and Film in the Fridge.

I also totally love Fig Tree fabrics and Joanna Figuerra designs. Amongst other favourite designers are Heather Bailey, Anna Maria Horner, Sandi Henderson, Joel Dewberry and Echino.

I haven't made a mosaic yet because, as you will see from my blog, I have an exam coming up and the windows are going to be replaced so I am somewhat snowed under (and it would take a bit of time to find out how and to do it...which I haven't got at the moment...).

My favourite colour is turquoise/aquamarine (isn't Hunky Dory darling?)and love the blues but lately also turning to brighter colours and working with reds and oranges. Not too keen on purple or black/white.

I'm not a very experienced quilter myself so you don't need to worry I am expecting perfection, I am not!

Just relax, enjoy the process, and be happy making my quilt. I am so excited you are doing this for me and cannot wait to see what you have thought up!

Best of luck and speak to you late August/beginning of September!

3 comments:

myBearpaw said...

That was a lovely letter to your partner - what a nice idea. Just got the email with mine - so exciting!! All the likes/dislikes have really helped inspire me!

Cat said...

What a lovely letter to your partner. I've just received my pin cushion swap partners name and she is a VERY experienced quilter and sewer and I'm fretting BIG time.
I love the fact you penned this to your partner.
xxx
Cat
xxx

Kim Carroll said...

Yes, this is very nice, and just the kind of thing that makes this such successful swap!!! Good job!