Athens time

Wednesday 30 June 2010

Dark clouds on the horizon...



...in more ways than one...

The window company has made yet another mistake... The openings on the bays in the middle have been reversed.. They open on the top, instead of the bottom and building regulations dictate you have to have a means of escape in case of fire.. besides, this is how it was ordered and as the other windows do not open at the bottom, we would be totally hemmed in there with non opening windows... NOT what we have ordered...

So now I am left with all rooms still in disarray, no curtains in the bedroom (on the street side)and a boarded up window (where they did not get the glass right...) ... dark clouds indeed....:-(

update: the team has turned up with temporary measures.. work is going to be done today ... phew....

7 comments:

Me and Ma said...

Who is this window firm, are you sure they have not tethered their horses around the corner ! :)

Cat said...

Hope your windows get sorted really really soon.
I took a photo of a double rainbow today and thought of you :)
Cat

Liz said...

That's good news, at least they're doing something...
Take care.
Lizzie
xxx

Unknown said...

An appropriate picture to illustrate the window company mishaps! So hope that it all gets resolved for you quickly!

myBearpaw said...

Oh you poor thing! Blooking useless tradesmen, this sounds just too typical. I hope it gets sorted real soon, keeping my fingers crossed for you.

dolores said...

Too bad my Don isn't able to help you...he would get those windows ordered correctly and in lickety split!:) But I guess the plane ticket would negate any profits!;)

Lynz said...

"blooking useless tradesmen" LOL, Jo!! New word, I like it!

I DO hope this is your last hiccup, Marg, you've had enough of them! Have you had your exam yet? I'm useless at remembering dates of things like that (I asked a friend how her holiday was yesterday - she doesn't go for another month!!)